USB Ports Not Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

urb1972

Beta member
Any ideas. The Motherboard seems in working order and the USB ports seem ok. Its just it can't detect if anything is in them?

I'm running Windows 2000, but the modem I have is USB so I need to get it to detect the USB ports first, in order to get online.

Help please!

Yeah I tried instailling Service Pack 4 already. I could only find it on the Microsoft Website, it allowed me to download what I thought was the whole service pack, and I put it onto the PC without the internet connection via Floppy Disc, but the program was actually just a thing that then tried to download them via the internet, and therefore failed to as it couldn't.

Is there any way to get hold of drivers for USB in their entirety, or Service Packs?

Microsoft lets you order the newest service pack to be sent to you on a CD for $10 here, or they do have the full download here you will have to download the Network Installation version (other version requires an internet connection on the comp you are installing to), which is 129MB, and burn it onto a CD, or other portable media that can hold 129MB (USB Thumb Drive, Zip drive ect.)

*edit* heh, I took too long to type my post :p MasterJason beat me to the full download link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom