Window log in errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
On one of my family PCs, I had two partitions:

C Drive - I had an intent of holding only the operating system on this drive

D Drive - I had an intent of holding all program files and data here (word documents, excel spreadsheets, videos, etc).

I had explained that all must be saved onto the D Drive and he seemed to be knowledgable enough to understand it.

However, a month after building a PC, he gave me a call and told me that the C Drive was full. After lecturing him about where to save data, I told him to move all files (music, video files, etc) to the D Drive, and to keep ALL WINDOWS FILES in the C Drive.

When moving the files, he moved some of the windows files over to the D drive. Now, every time at start up, windows says that there are 26 internal errors that may effect performance, etc.

What is my best course of action to resolve this situation?

If I tried to just cut and paste the files/folders back to the C drive, could that fix it? And if so, what is the probablity of fixing it using that method?

That could fix it it depends what files were moved. It's worth a try also rather copy the files to be safe

If I boot up with the Windows XP disc, and choose to do a "modify/repair", is that a sure-fire way to fix the problem?

When you say that I might lose some files on the "same drive", do you mean lose some files on the D Drive (data drive for music, video, documents, etc)?

Double Checking...

If I were to do the following:

+ archive all data in My Documents

+ boot up with Windows XP disc and choose repair

Then would I definitely be all set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom