Building An Overclockin' rig 2600+ Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cpage01 said:
Sorry about this but I AM NOT going to change the processor. As i want to stay with a mobile. However I will change the graphics card. I have also heard that 4W4k3 has gotten his 2600+ mobile into the 2800 megahertz range running stable also. Any suggestions on a new vid card?-Page

Why Why Why...Go Amd 939 3200+ you can get this cpu to 2500Mhz easy on air and that will whip a 2600+ clocked to 2600Mhz..Socket 939 is Dual channel ram and the Athlon Xp is only single channel ram..You will see a great improvement from the extra memory bandwidth.

Motherboard : Msi K8n neo2 - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-468&depa=1
Very good overclocking Motherboard

Ram - pqi TURBO Series Dual Channel Platinum Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail - This will get to over 250Mhz easy http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-148&depa=1

Cpu- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 939-Pin 64-bit Processor - OEM http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-500&depa=1

That system will DEFINITELY beat that old out dated POS Athlon Xp system you are looking at :p Cpu Multiplyer is 10 x so Run with a FSB of 250Mhz and you get 2500Mhz+ Easy overclock on air :)

MasterJason said:
the Athlon Xp is only single channel ram

What do you mean? You can run DC on an Athlon XP, i've been doing it for years, helps bandwidth alot.

Hmm yes sorry about that i don't know much about old POS systems. But still Why is he getting a old Athlon xp

Hmm yes sorry about that i don't know much about old POS systems. But still Why is he getting a old Athlon xp

I wouldnt say that about Athlon XP systems. They're still performing quite well compared to newer systems. Barton series athlon xp's (the mobile variety) can perform better when overclocked than a lot of the pentium 4's and some of the earlier Athlon 64's (2800, 3000)

That is true but what would you suggest they guy gets an Athlon XP or AMD 64.
I really say that he must get an AMD 64 first of all its much faster, supports 64bit, overclocks well and finally is more future proof.

Neosteve

4W4K3 said:
No lol you are mistaken, or whoever told you is. My top overclock is 2640MHz on my air setup and cheap 330watter PSU. I believe Nubius has goten his 2400+ mobile to 2800MHz...he's the champ:)

Arghh y maty, well see whos the champ when I get my new psu in a couple of days. I will be popping in my new heatsink too (sneak peak).

Also get the Abit NF7-S revision 2 it is proven to overclock the mobiles to very high and very stable speeds. Click here for info.

I"M THE CHAMP DANGIT!! :p

But yeah, I've simply reached the CPU's max, even if I got it down to 10C I don't think it would OC much further.

Plus I think if I had the 2600+ XP-M I'd be able to get it to 2.8GHz stable because those seem to require less voltage at the same speeds.

I maxed out my boards Vcore at 2.225 trying to get 2.8GHz stable. It'd load into windows but if I started prime95 it'd freeze =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom