RAM UpGrade~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
ok so here is the deal, i have 3 slots and 2 of them are already used up by a PC100 128mb and PC100 64mb, a total of 192mb. But i am planning to get this PC133 256mb for the last remaining slot. Will it work with the PC100's that i already have? or does the slots have to be fitted with a certain PC# ram? please tell me what i need to know... :)

It will work but you might as well buy pc100 because its going to run at the slower speed...unless you want to take out the pc100 and just put in 512mb of the pc133.

It doesn't matter what kind of computer it is. The RAM will run at the slowest speed thats in there.

If you buy PC133 ram it will automatically run at PC100 ram speeds and will work fine as far as i know.

Yip If you currently have pc100 and buy a pc133 stick it would run at the speed of the slowest ram which is pc100.

majistic said:
It doesn't matter what kind of computer it is. The RAM will run at the slowest speed thats in there.

neosteve said:
If you buy PC133 ram it will automatically run at PC100 ram speeds and will work fine as far as i know.

MasterJason said:
Yip If you currently have pc100 and buy a pc133 stick it would run at the speed of the slowest ram which is pc100.

Guys its been pointed out enough times now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom