DRM Limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I was reading an article, and it mentioned DRM limits on mp3's, and in the context that it used it it led me to believe that this is some sort of copyright that allows you to play a song only a select few times. Is this the case? If so, there is this song that I love, and whenever I aquire a copy of it, it only plays once and then never again. I can even burn it to a cd and nothing. Is this because of the DRM limits?

Him said:
I was reading an article, and it mentioned DRM limits on mp3's, and in the context that it used it it led me to believe that this is some sort of copyright that allows you to play a song only a select few times. Is this the case? If so, there is this song that I love, and whenever I aquire a copy of it, it only plays once and then never again. I can even burn it to a cd and nothing. Is this because of the DRM limits?

it shouldn't be.

drm is only for wma files for now. even if it wasn't there are ways around everything. you could use real one to play it, musicmatch to record it in the background. or burn it to cd, then rip it back to your hard drive.

you got to watch those wma files though. Overpeer is including viruses and adware in their songs. then they claim you should't be downloading if you complain about them.

you didn't get that song from msn music, did you? people are having that problem that you had mentioned.

has anyone ever used the product in the article it seems pretty kew and im downloading it now, but was j/w wat peoples opinions on it were

No, I didnt get it from msn music. An alternative means for getting music, thats where I go.

I still didnt get an answer, on what exactly drm limits are. What are they? Is it exactly as it sounds, and limits the numer of times you can listen to a song?

And which product in the article are you talking about? Bittorrent? Yeah, I used it. It's really cool, but there are other, more user-friendly protocols out there. But since the MPAA is shutting down the torrent sites, you are going to be hard pressed to find any torrents available to you.

With DRM, why dont you copy your music to Audio CD to play in your normal cd player. Then rip with a program like audiograbber.
Wayne

waynejkruse10 said:
With DRM, why dont you copy your music to Audio CD to play in your normal cd player. Then rip with a program like audiograbber.
Wayne

that is all you have to do to get around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom