Hey everyone, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, what are the specs on your Dell Dimension and is it upgradable? You can't go sticking in new memory and video cards and such if the comp is propriatary.

Secondly, someone else would know how to help you reformat and start with a clean copy of XP.

ChipX said:
backup the "dell information" and reformat that shit. u will have to configure the dsl after, which is quite easy.

Ok, what is "backup" and how do I "Configure" the dsl after?

I need some more help. When I was searching for the things I sould need to build my own computer, and It seems like If I get a certain case, it can only fit certain types of hardware. And vise versa with the hardware. How do you know which parts fit in which cases and cise versa?

If you want to save money you could use your dell case.... that's what I did with my old old old IBM case. In my opinion the most important part about shopping for new computer parts is to get the right mainboard.... because if you don't.... later on when you want to upgrade you won't be able to. So remember that.... get the right stuff to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom