Hey everyone, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacious D

Solid State Member
Hey guys. Im danny, and new to the forums. The main thing that I want to ask is if their are classes that teach you about computer software, parts, fixing one, and everything about a computer. I am not one that is good at learning things if I dont see it being done. If their is a site that has videos that teach you about a computer, that will be great. I live in the suburbs of chicago, if anyone knows classes that teach about computers. Thanks alot.

Hmmmm...this place is like a computer central! Any little thing that you need done or need help with will get solved (sooner or later). I'm not sure about a video, but I do think that we can show you how to do stuff with pictures if that would help any.

One question...

I actually have one kinda big question. Before I start doing ANYTHING on my computer (a Dell dimension 2300, stock) do you think it is a good idea to buy a better computer then start to work on it, or stick with mine and start to add and work on it?

Actually if you want a real trial by fire learning experience build a new one.

tajahem said:
Actually if you want a real trial by fire learning experience build a new one.

I would love to. But the thing is, I have no idea what I need to build one, and no clue on even HOW to build one.

In Feburary, I will have around 400-450 bucks. Is their a decent computer for gaming I could get for that type of money? and upgrade it later?

decent yes, for gaming, no. a mid to high grade video card will alone cost that much for decent gaming. my FX 5200 costs now around 60 bucks and plays new games on super low settings. But on the other hand, I can play Doom 3 on the highest res that my LCD will allow with my FX 6800 which I don'tknow what it would cost now, but mine had 256 DDR3 at 1.1ghz for around 500. But now you can get a smoking 6800GT for that.

Well, what parts would I need for my Dell Dimension 2300 to make it play new games?

I also had another question. I want to delete EVERYTHING off my computer except the Dell information and my internet. I run Windows xp, how would I delete everything off my computer besides the Dell information and my DSL internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom