NOOB Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol holy lord chip....u have what in there?

lol link me link me...i gotta see what the hell kind of cooling that is ive heard of liquid cooling but liquid ice sounds much cooler

well, as donnel rawlings once said... "i'm rich, biaaatch!" honk! honk! :)

the unit does not exist on the market. i had it custom made.

ChipX said:
well, as donnel rawlings once said... "i'm rich, biaaatch!" honk! honk! :)

the unit does not exist on the market. i had it custom made.

Someone give the man an award for greatest PC on teh forum:D Wonder if Bill Gates would have a PC like that?:p

First of all, the FX is so overrated! The unlocked multiplier won't do you any good if you are running on a high base clock. You will still reach the same sealing. The only thing it will allow you to do is run the memory at a higher speed, but by limiting the HTT by using a 1x/2x/3x/4x multiplier instead of the standard 5x. There is absolutely no difference between the Athlon 64 and the FX. Seconldy, the 1MB L2 cache doesn't make that much of a difference. You can see that will the 3400+ and the 3700+. In some benchmarks the, the the 3700+ only wins by 0.1 or a small difference like that. In some, they are even on par in performance. It is ridiculous. Secondly, why would anyone want an FX for that much. The cost isn't justifiable just for a larger cache and unlocked multiplier. It doesn't cost much to include a 1MB cache (look at the P4, the lowest comes at $162). The P4EE, I can understand where the cost is going. It is going into that ****in' good for nothing L3 cache. Basically, the P4EE and FX are so overrated and not worth it. I would never consider buying them. My philosophy is, get the low-end oc to the high so you can whoop an $800 (570J) cpu with a higher base clock. HAH!

Well, sorry ChipX, but I can't stand it when people say that it has an unlocked multiplier. I know it has an unlocked multiplier, but being a monster overclocker, I know it won't help overclocking because you will reach the same sealing with maxed out settings. That is the same with the memory because once the memory is maxed out, you can lower the multiplier and it will only decrease performance due to the decreasing clock speed.
For example, if my sealing is 3 GHz on a 200 MHz base, I can only do this...
15 x 200 = 3000
10 x 300 = 3000
12 x 250 = 3000
4 x 250 = 2000 (HTT)
3 x 300 = 1800 (HTT) (Boo! Limitations)
This is considering the memory holds up. I don't see a plus for the unlocked multiplier. However, I will say this. If AMD, would've enable 3 simultaneous HTT links (like the Opterons) with the FX only, and included unlocked multiplier, and 1MB L2 cache, that would've justified the $899 price tag on the FX-55. Other than that, I don't see an unlocked multiplier costing you 600+ to put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom