Making better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xone

Beta member
hello i want to make my computer faster better, i want to but some stuff but i am not sure what should i buy. not in to gaming in PC only on PS2. and can u guys tell me some good stuff that i can buy names????

Upgrading ram is one of the cheapest and easiest ways of getting a performance boost. A new motherboard is the best way of getting yourself into higher performance levels and more features at the same time.

The graphics card is another very important aspect. Be sure you have a good processor to pair with your graphics card if you do go that route. And allot of people overlook this one....the PSU. A good, strong, clean power output device can really make a difference in performance, especailly for store bought computers that usually come with crap PSUs.

Laptop

Microsoft Windows XP: Home Edition
Intel Pentium Centrino
1.60GHz
504 MB of RAM

looks like you have 512mb of ram and your graphics is stealing a bit of ram. A 1.60Ghz centrino is stil fairly new. If you can, try to allocate a bit more ram for graphics, thatll improve games performance.

that wouldn't actually increase performance by much if anything, it is taking up more of the main resources (RAM)

the only thing I see you might be able to do, is get a new video card - although I'm not sure if you can upgrade the video card on Laptops

keep in mind that everything will be significantly more expensive for laptops. Any figures you've seen for desktops you can almost double. But that is a decent processor and ram, so I would also say you should look into a new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom