AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
well to say the least you all are right ! When it comes to which is better..again i say use amd for gaming and intel for programing.
i havent seen any better than an intell for ding 3d work and multitasking ! also i havent seen an amd get beat for gaming!
one thing you must try to remember is what are you going to do with it and how many things do you want it to do at one time ! Oh and dont forget to run your test on chips that are equal agains one another.
Best guess get what you want your chip to do and nothing will beat it , except for a new one!
a 900 wont beat a 1,2m nor will a 1.2m beat a 3.2 m, if ya got the bucks , then buy the " MOST EXPENSIVE" and the fastest and you cant be beat (cept your wallet!) no matter what brand you have ! lol

you don't necessarily buy the most expensive, some stores overprice CPU's, and some cheaper CPU's outperform more expensive CPU's

when the socket 939 3200+'s first came out, they were actually cheaper than the socket 754 ones

MasterJason said:
but the socket 939 3200's kick some serious but mine does 2600mhz+ stable on a Tt Polo 735 with AS5

exactly. alot of the 3000/3200+ 939 processors will overclock better than smome of the 3500+'s. but most of the time the 3 processors top out ~ the same...

The 3000+ 3200+ and the 3500+ are the exact same things just they are clocked higher than one another.

I totally agree that some 3000+ and 3200+ sometimes even overclock better than the top of the range 3500+ but they will mostly top the same speed

The fastest Winchester is a 3200+ instead of the 3500+ so that proves that some of the lower range CPU's can be better than a top range one.
But this is not the case all the time.

Neosteve

4W4K3 said:
It's not quite that simple. Run a simple Sandra Multi-Media Benchmark and you will see the "same" rated Intel chip will beat your AMD chip point wise (even overclocked your AMD has alot of catching up to do.)

What you are saying is in "real world" applications your AMD runs fast enough for you and gets the job done, and that's all you want, I agree 100%. No Intel system is going to give me "better" performance for what i need, because my AMD does all i want and more. But if you raise your epxectations alot, or become a benchmark enthuisiast, Intel is really the only way to go when using multi-media apps.

Same thing but backwards for gaming, You will see that the "same" rated AMD chip does better in gaming apps than it's Intel chip competition. Overclocking will easily match the 2, but if you are on Intel and only worried about "real world" performance and not points in a benchmark, then your Intel will run just fine.

People are just too picky...you cant say one is really better than the other (with "matched" processors) without being completely biased.

HA, HA, funny... Raise the expectations??? ok, tell me what else would be more computer demanding application other than MAYA or 3D animation crap? You sound like " ya, you think your computer is good cuz you don't do $h!# with it."" well guess what, photo editing, especially 50Mega Pixel images and 3D Animation, modeling and rendering, there is nothing else you can do with a computer that requres more. So just don't try to say anything, cuz I ain't like many otherz who just use a computer to check emails. Plus I have benchmarked my computer against lots of other pentiums, like a 1.8 GHZ P4, a 2.0GHZ P4 and a 2.8GHZ P4 with HT tech. and 800FSB, and none of them can stand against the great power of my AMD. ....so I win! :p :p

P.P. Mguire said:
So what do yall think i should get? a 3500+ or oc a 3200+? BTW this is going on my new DFI NF4 board lol. (NF4 meaning Nforce 4)

DUDE, W-T-F, your computer is already fast enough, don't try to overclock it ...sheesh!!!:D ;)

Ace No-Money said:
My pc froze when I finished typing this the first time so here it goes again! I used to have a P4 2.8GHz 800fsb with a D865PERL mobo and it kicks my athlon 2500+'s butt! I sold my p4 and bought the athlon cause I thought the 2.8GHz was overkill and used the extra money to buy a new case and better peripherals. My new system is much quiter and much easier to work with also! It just doesn't have the power my 2.8 did particularly when working with files and multitasking. Games are the most important to me and I was very glad to find there wasn't much of a difference in performance during gameplay. Im pretty happy with my athlon xp barton and hope to overclock it to atleast 3200+ speeds! I still miss my P4 though I'm tellin ya buy an athlon instead and double up on memory!

I just bought this off of eBay!

Radeon 9800pro 128mb/256bit (r360 core?) = $175.00

and

ABIT NF7-S v2.0 with all accessories = $64.00

DUDE!!! don't try to compare an athlon xp 2500 against a P4 2.8GHz 800fsb, cuz the 2500+ ain't supposed to be better. Try comparing it to Athlon 64 FX-55 and then you can tell as soon as you turn it on, that the athlon would --..::OWN::..-- the P4, and dude, the ATHLON 64 IS ONLY 2.6GHZ, for you people who are P4 fanz* :p

* like that one kid who bladdered about my PC being far from a 2.5GHZ P4 even overclocked to 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom