6600GT Underperforming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho17

Solid State Member
Hey everyone

I just bought a new Gainwaird 6600GT AGP graphics card and seem to be having trouble getting the most performance out of it.

I have all the newest drivers etc on, so it is nothing like that. The reason i say that it is underperforming is that it only scores abot 6400 on 3dmark03, when benchmarks ive seen get about 8000.

I think perhaps it has to do with my agp bus running at 8x, rather than 4x. But i dont know how to change it.

Any ideas?

your AGP bus should run at 8x if it's a 6600

what is your CPU?
performance relies on 2 things: your GPU and your CPU
if one of them is slow, it could be bottlenecking the other

Also remember that those scores of 8000 might come from overlcocked 6600GT's not ones that are running at stock clocks.

Is your graphics card overclocked when you get 6400 3Dmarks.

If not then your cards is normal and most 6600Gt's get that score at stock speeds so there isnt really anything to worry about.

Neosteve

Also, be sure you have installed your chipset drivers. I made that mistake when I first built, and I only got about 6000 on 3DMark03.

i have a intel socket 775 cpu @ 3Ghz and 512 PC2100 DDR. Im getting better ram soon. how do i install new chipset drivers? and do u mean for the card?

You should have got a cd with your motherboard and graphics card. Make sure you install the software off both cd's for best performance. Also make sure you have Direct X 9.0c. Also, look for driver updates on Nvidia's site.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom