Building An Overclockin' rig 2600+ Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpage01

Baseband Member
Hey guys, im building a computer. I plan to do some overclocking and have read up on it a bit.
Ive got a list of parts ill tell you guys, but be forewarned Im very new to computers, so some of these parts may not work together. It should also be noted that this will be my first attempt at overclocking.

Cooling system- ????? I need help here

RAM- Mushkin Dual Pack 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
I was thinking of these because of the price, but am unsure, as I have been told they are not good for overclocking.

Processor- Amd Athlon XP 2600+ mobile
Mother Board- ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU

VideoCard- ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, PCI-Express, Model "EN6800/TD/256"

Case- Thermaltake Highest Xaser III Blue Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "V1420DU"

HardDrive- Western digital 80 GB

Any help, along with advice on overclocking would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

the motherboard ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" does not support Athlon 64, when you say "Athlon 64" i think you mean "Athlon XP"

^ I think wayne's been reading too many posts (he doesn't talk about an athlon 64)

Cpage, are you going to get a watercooling system? Do you want to spend that kind of money on it?

Why are you going the old Athlon Xp route, Go with a amd 3000+ 939 or a 3200+ You will have a much greater speeds with that graphics card. Also 90nm 939's Overclock very well, they can reach 2600Mhz on Air. Also that ram isn't the best for overclocking, try get some beater ram if you can afford it.

MasterJason is right 939 is the way to go now. As he said make sure if you go for 939 you get a 90nm CPU. Also get better ram with tight timings such as some bh5 or tccd ram chips which are great overclockers and will help you out allot in overclocking.

Everything else seems to be ok.

Just want to clear things up:

Last edited by Cpage01 on 01-06-2005 at 05:11 PM

When i first came to the thread i swear it sayd 64. Cpage01 editied his post, he just made a typo.

Sorry about this but I AM NOT going to change the processor. As i want to stay with a mobile. However I will change the graphics card. I have also heard that 4W4k3 has gotten his 2600+ mobile into the 2800 megahertz range running stable also. Any suggestions on a new vid card?

I was thinking about water cooling, but I looked at the stuff on Newegg, and had no idea what the water cooling stuff there did. Any suggestions on a particular brand, or model of water cooling? I am new at this so don't laugh, but if you have watercooling, could you have fans too? I picked out a case with alot of fans (7) which I thought would be good for overclocking.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion on ram, I needed that, and I will look further into water-cooling

On another note, Waynejkruss is right, it originally said 64.

Thanks alot guys
-Page

watercooling
i think the best water cooling kit is the Thermaltake Bigwater Kit. It is only 100-150 bucks and runs just as well as some of the 250-300 water cooling kits. If you want absolute BEST water performance, you gotta buy all the parts separate (radiator, pump, tubing, etc) and that can be pretty spendy. In my opinion go w/ the bigwater, and update us how it overclocks!

Cpage01 said:
I have also heard that 4W4k3 has gotten his 2600+ mobile into the 2800 megahertz range running stable also.

No lol you are mistaken, or whoever told you is. My top overclock is 2640MHz on my air setup and cheap 330watter PSU. I believe Nubius has goten his 2400+ mobile to 2800MHz...he's the champ:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom