6800GT FINAL Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Right folks, heres the deal. The card is installed (with a little help from someone i know) Anyways, it run brilliantly. High graphics, high res and high FPS. Thing is, my cards noisier than before but that acceptable cause of the excess power its packing. Thing is tho, my card runs at these temperatures:

GPU: 49.c
RAM: 43.c

This is just when i'm on windows, i assume it will rise slightly when on games, correct? Anyways, are these acceptable temps?

That's insane that they are running that hot nowadays....80C/176F thats nuts...that's definitely gotta heat up the air inside your case.

I wonder how they are going to resolve this heating issue. As of now they can't make cards any bigger without inventing stuff like SLI and that BFG (I think?) that made the dual GPU card. I'm waiting for the next break in graphics cards technology. Basically they are as powerful as CPU's but for a different purpose so if they come up with something more powerful thats smaller and cooler it'll probably either come from a breakthrough in CPU production or perhaps even the graphics card industries will influence CPU design..who knows :p

Well, my avg. temp after the PC being on for a while is about 51*C

I may buy myself another fan at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom