HD's spin up » Comp freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Everytime my HD's spin up, Windows and Winamp freeze for a couple of seconds. About 5 seconds.

Crappy mobo huh?

I never had this problem on TheMajorMMX.

Is there any way to configure the power safe option in windows for both drives seperately?

Maybe I should use the BIOS feature, it can be configured for each HD seperately I think.

I do not want to leave them on all the time because I am mostly browsing TF and only using 1 or no drives at all. (TF must be entirely in my cache by now :D)

--TheMajor

(damn IBM)

I think its winamp, i had to many problems with winamp in the past, but it also might be that your hdd cables are connected bad.

I reconnected my cables about 4356 times in the past weeks. And its not Winamp cause I have been using it for at least 2 years on my old computer without problems. I think its just the mobo.

well why would it be the mobo, its only like 15 years old! lol ,(joking, for those that dont know what a real ipod spam is and what a joke is) (again that is a joke to)

Cause mobo's can suck, too. And its the only part (besides CPU) That has changed since I upgraded to this crappy IBM.

in winamp, set the priority to above normal and see if that stops it from freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom