Properly seating my Audigy 2 ZC in PCI slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
My computer is not recognizing my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZC sound card.
I have installed and updated the drivers and I cannot find the hardware under the Device manager.
It has been sort of hanging out of the slot in the first place because when I made the rear end of the card snug with the case (where you screw it to the case) that's how the card sat.
I have fiddled with it a lot and gotten no better results.

I even bent back the screw hole part of it so I could push the card in further without obstruction, and that didn't take.

Any suggestions? Is the card supposed to stick out a lot and I am donig something else wrong, or what can I do to get it to properly seat?

It slides in a little bit, I can't get it to go much further than barely into it.
It doesn't just slide in, it requires a little force, but just enough for friction.

hmm, so the pci card wont go in completely, right? well this could be of coarse a faulty card - try another pc, or also your motherboard might be a few millimeters out of sync with the case so thats why its not going in.

Yeah it could be either of those... :(

Oh well, I am moving today so I will deal with it later.

Well, make sure when you are seating your Audigy, you keep calm, and not get angry. I know it can be easy if you have been working on getting something sitting correctly you can get impatient and angry. This can result in you becoming violent towards the computer which can damage components. Like this guy did :

4507.jpg
:p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom