Video Card Slots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toogreen

Baseband Member
Hey, all I am buying a computer but am having a problem. I am wanting to get the 6600GT PCI-e, but cannot find a motherboard to support it in stock. I was wondering how much worse a AGP slot is, and if you guys think its worth waiting a couple weeks just to get PCI-e. By the way, im a really excited about gettin thing computer, therefor I don't want to have to wait. Hence, why i am asking this question...so hopefully someone can help me out, thanks.

In my opinion, I think its more worth it to go with an AGP, 6800 series card. It been my experience that when new technologies come out, they are never fully utilized until a year or two after they come out. I think for me, if I wanted a PCI-e card I would wait until Nvidia releases a new graphics chipset.

go 6600gt

im pretty sure i heard a 6800 is a 6800gt that did not function properly in all of its pipelines so they just use 12 is it???

im not sure but ive heard that

Echo_ said:
go 6600gt

im pretty sure i heard a 6800 is a 6800gt that did not function properly in all of its pipelines so they just use 12 is it???

im not sure but ive heard that

A plain 6800 has only 12 pipes, that is right, but I know from experience that the extra four pipelines are unlockable using rivatuner.

i think the difference between pci E and agp is like 16x vs 8x in favor of the pci E but if u find the mobo's their expensive

I stongly agree with Blackmoore. I was also tempted to go pci-e. Give it a year or so. Who knows, by then you may want to go dual pci-e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom