What is Good DDR400 Memory? (Not going to Overclock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
corsair is the absolute best memory that money can buy man. like that cat above me said... if u r'nt overclocking then there is no need to get the xms series or the xms professional series. latencies are really ****ing overrated. there is really no noticable difference between like 2.5-3-3-8 and 2-3-2-6. latencies will show effect on memory specific benchmarks and thangs... but that is it. i would highly recommend getting some valueram with decently low latencies. something like 3-3-3-12 just stinks because when the latencies are that high it is just bottlenecking the transfer rate. check it man.

Yeah, like both ChipX and I said, don't get that insanely low timing valueRAM...there's not a huge difference between like 2.5-2-2-6 and 2.5-3-3-6 but going from 2.5-3-3-6 to like 3-4-4-8 you WILL notice a difference.

get some kingston or Corsair valueRAM that has timings like 2.5-3-3-7 and you'll be good to go.

Latencies are overrated and basically they are merely for bragging rights. Unless you're overclocking then if you have your expensive PC3200 up to 250 DDR500 then you have a little bragging rights owed to you...but for the most part most overclockers I've met are humble about their computer..purchases....OC's...all that kind of jazz.

Nubius said:
Yeah, like both ChipX and I said, don't get that insanely low timing valueRAM...there's not a huge difference between like 2.5-2-2-6 and 2.5-3-3-6 but going from 2.5-3-3-6 to like 3-4-4-8 you WILL notice a difference.

get some kingston or Corsair valueRAM that has timings like 2.5-3-3-7 and you'll be good to go.

Latencies are overrated and basically they are merely for bragging rights. Unless you're overclocking then if you have your expensive PC3200 up to 250 DDR500 then you have a little bragging rights owed to you...but for the most part most overclockers I've met are humble about their computer..purchases....OC's...all that kind of jazz.

icon14.gif

I like Kingmax RAM personally, it is cheap, pretty high quality, descent speed, and runs with lower voltage than other RAM

even 2x512MB PC3700 from Kingmax will be less expensive than "high performance" PC3200

where do u check the latency of your ram...cause i cant find what mine is anywhere...only thing i can tell u is that i ran doom3, hl2, battlefield vietnam, adobe photoshop and macromedia dreamweaver while still getting awesome performance in all 3 games...

not bad... the cas latency is 3... but there is no noticable difference over 2 or 2.5.

that my friend was a good purchase. what brand is it?

brand is Ultra...and chip i got another question for u but ill pm u cause i dont wanna just keep this thread up while i go off subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom