memory errors?? what do i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom234

Baseband Member
I just biult my computer about 3 weeks ago and when i would play call of duty united offence my computer would randomly go a to a blue screen. so i ran memtest-86 v3.2 and and like a whole bunch of errors came up. up to about 512mbs which i do know what the means but it weas under failing address. I have 1gb of ddr 400 in my computer two 512mb sticks does that mean one stick is bad? If so is there a way to fix it or am i going to have to rack out more money to get another stick.

Yeah if it's erroring and you haven't done any overclocking or anything then yes whatever stick is giving you those errors are bad. If you got it somewhat recently then don't forget about sending it back to the manufacturer. Their warrenties are for that specific purpose.

You need to use memtest on each stick seperately though so you can find out which one is the trouble maker. Of course if you bought it as 2x512 then you'd need to send both back to have em replaced.

lol if you just built that thing 3 weeks ago, and the memory is bad... send it back... get an RMA from your supplier or return to the store! it's got a warrenty! use it, abuse it if you have to... do not be afraid to RMA bad ram, it's not your fault, you shouldn't have to pay for a bad stick...

second isn't there a better app for ram diag.?

so i can send just one back to the manufacturer and they will replace it. I got in a dual kit so i was thinking i would have to send both back.

You will have to send both back if you got it in a kit.

Go to the manufacturers website they always have an RMA section somewhere. You will need your invoice from where you purchased it. But yeah dude, send those back. Kingston got my RAM back to me in like a week and a half. That's what the warrenties are for and too many people just go out and buy more RAM when the manufacturers are always willing to replace it.

After all they want your business ;)

ok that sounds like a good idea but that means i would have no use of my comp for a week that would be hard becuase im a big gamer. thanks a bunch.

Yeah I know =/ Sucks dude, but you'd want to send them both back so you get an exact matching working dual channel capable pair ya know?

hey nubius u seem to know alot I need some help overclocking my cpu. its and amd athlon 64 3200 when i go into bios and go to frequency the only thing i can change is clock ratio. Im confused on what the its can u help me out.

memtest86 that shit on each individual stick. the number 1 cause of errors is misconfiguration... u gotta make sure that the memory is running at the right frequency, voltage and latencies they were rated at. if u still get errors after u are positive that the settings are right... then u gotta send it back 2 the manufacturer (considering that it is still under warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom