Win2k Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebene

Baseband Member
When I put in my Win2K setup disk a thing pops up saying the setup feature will be disabled because my currect version of Windows (XP) is newer than 2K; everything else works fine. So then I try to boot from the CD drive and when it says "press any key to boot from cd drive..." I press a random key and it freezes...

Help? :(

but i just now disabled my primary hdd with xp on it and used changed my new hdd (has some files on it) as my primary and it still freezes when trying to boot from cdrom

can you normally boot from cdrom? if not your motherboard probably does not support booting from cdrom, if so what type of processor is in your computer?

i think there's something wrong with the disk, because i can usually boot from cds

intel p4

umm.. yes it does... your motherboard/bios can either support booting from the cdrom or it can not support booting from the cdrom. which if your motherboard supports booting from the cdrom, then you would set this to boot from the cdrom in the motherboards BIOS

well if ur os doesnt support going from XP to 2000, try booting an XP cd, delete partition which carries the XP os, then try booting the 2000 disk and see if it works.

to boot from a cdrom your bios must have the cdrom drivers....if it doesn't, then it can't boot from cdrom.....i recomend using the win98 boot disk and then choose boot from cdrom and walla! it will load all the drivers nessisary or however you spell it.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom