computer boots up to desktop then logs me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
I have a dell demension 8300 and the other night I turned it off correctly, but when I went to turn it on last night it booted as far as desktop screensaver then logged me off would not could not load windows.

I have XP...can anyone give me any idea what to do I need HELP!!!! Please ...

Also I was wondering if I re-installed the windows XP from the installation disc I have here at work (the computer in question is a Dell and at home, same as this one here) will it also require the drivers etc or is that all in the installation disc?? Sorry for so many questions but I am lost without the computer and you guys have been helpful in the past......

Cindy:)

from another machine, download Spybot, adaware, Stinger, and cwshredder. Then on your machine, boot into safe mode with networking. Press F8 at post several times a second until you get the option menu. once booted up, select the admin account to logon with and then install the applications from the CD. Don't reboot. Run STINGER first, as this will clean off viruses, and then run the ad removal programs. CWShredder is used only if you have the CoolWebSeach tools loaded, but they are good to have on hand...

good luck..

om another machine, download Spybot, adaware, Stinger, and cwshredder. Then on your machine, boot into safe mode with networking. Press F8 at post several times a second until you get the option menu. once booted up, select the admin account to logon with and then install the applications from the CD. Don't reboot. Run STINGER first, as this will clean off viruses, and then run the ad removal programs. CWShredder is used only if you have the CoolWebSeach tools loaded, but they are good to have on hand...

I have ad aware oon the machine at home and have run it, I don;t have the others though and do not have Cool Web Search Tools. Do run Stinger then see what happens, and if nothing happens can I still re-install winxp?? and also where would the reg key be?? if I need it iI only have a XP disc for this computer here at work, can't find the one for the home computer. Thanks so much for your reply I printed it out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that when I turn on the computer Windows XP comes up shows it's loading the green bar runs across the middle of the Home Edition then my name comes on to log on it will take me to my desktop, then logs off, no icons nothing. I dont know if that helps in any advice, I hope so.

coolwebsearch is something that is worse than a virus. it's Hell in the form of adware.
you need to run stinger. but you need to do it from safe mode. if your not in safe mode, you won't be able to login long enough to fix it.
FYI, please use quote when show other text. it helps break up your response...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom