Power Supply Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I just built a new PC for my sister, and sometimes it has trouble booting, where it wont go into windows, or it wont startup when I push the button, and sometimes it will just shut off. The power supply is claimed to be a 450Watt but I knew it wasn't when I got it because you don't get a good 450 Watt power supply with a $30 case. I was hoping though that it would be enough to power the her small system running these specs:

ASUS P4V8X-X Mobo
Pentium 4 1.6Ghz Processor
2x512 PC3200 DDR
eVGA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Segate 60GB 7200RPM HD
Sound Blaster Live!
Lite-On DVD-Burner Combo
Lite-On 52x CD-Drive
2 Blue LED Lighted Case Fans
1 Logisys Liquid Neon Light

Now when I look at the power supply and its ratings, the +12V Rail is only 15A, where as the +12V on my Aspire 520Watt PSU which is only 70 Watts more is running at 35A. So my question is, is this claimed 450 Watt PSU garbage? I dont know much about power supplys but it seems to me that this is my problem.

that psu is horrible. u payed $30 for the case. the psu was free.

I figured as much. The funny thing is, is I was browsing Xoxide.com, and there selling the exact same PSU on sale for $16.50, regularly $36.99.

Well, thanks for the help, im off in search of a PSU, im thinking about an UltraX 500 Watt UV Green PSU for myself, just cause I like the way they look, and then passing my Aspire down to my sister. To bad they don't make a UV Green 600 Watt PSU.

You won't be disappointed with that Ultra. I built a machine for a kid and suggested he buy that. It's a great PSU

Well anytime you get a PSU with a case it's going to be crap unless you get a Thermaltake Xaser series case inwhich they always put in a nice high quality ThermalTake PSU, but those are like $125 cases......hence the old saying 'You get what you pay for'

You pay cheap...you get cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom