! HELP ! I used Norton Ghost and I have a big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjcryss

Beta member
Please help me:
I have a 20G Hdd , with a partition of 4G ( c: used for windows2000 and program files), and another of 16G ( d: used for my personal files--some of them are very important for me)
I made an image (with Norton Ghost 2003) of my entire c: and I put it on a CD. I made a restore of my system with this image yesterday,and I think I did something bad: I selected Disk->Image to disk in the program, I was asked to select the Hdd I want to use, and the partition.But there was only one partition of 20G listed, so I selected it,and went forward.After this I was asked for the size of the partition on wich the backup will be written on.So I wrote 4000Mb and continued.
Everything went ok, but when I entered Windows, I Saw only one partition of 4G, and no trace of my d: partition. Partition Magic7 is seeing the lost partition as Unallocated, and doesn't let me Unerase it(it sais that there are no partitions to unerase).
PLEASE help me somehow if it's posibble to restore my d: because I really need those documents(about 2G of information is important, the rest is music)
please email me at bjcryss@yahoo.com

Sorry if my english is bad :p

you have ghost 2003. that is what I hate about it. It did me like that before.

I now use drive image 7. they supposely fix that problem in the new ghost 9 as they have mix drive image 7 in with it, when norton bought powerquest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom