do you think macs are more stable than even Windows XP?

Are you cutting you landline for your Mobile

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, when prices drop even more.

• Not until reception is better and I can get broadband internet on my mobile

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they did get rid of DOS for Win 2k. I use it at work and it's about 100x more stable.

2000 xp and beyond are all NT based operating systems, thats why there is no dos.

If yoiu check in the registry, Windows xp is actually NT6

juskadog said:
APPLE DOSEN'T CRASH... IT FREEZES! (I would rather crash!) and it that stupid f****g spining thing twrils and hypnotizes these stupid apple usesers into thinking that MAC is the way to go. Give me XP any day.

Spinning Thing???

Perhaps you have never had enough patience to wait while the 'thing' spins. It means the computer is thinking. Let it sit, and in a few minutes, it will unfreeze, or thaw...

Juskadog, a mac is capable of running the XP OS with the emulator, but no Windows machine can run a Mac OS.
and saying you prefer an OS (WinXP) to an actual system is just weird, you need both to call it a computer.

I heard that the MAC's are pretty bullet-proof. Anythings gotta be more stable and reliable than Windows OS's...:cool:

Why do you people keep saying "MAC," like it stands for something. It's a "Mac," a "Macintosh," a kind of apple, why the caps?

contrary to popular belief OSX is actually pretty easy to crash, i have been working with 10.2.6 for about 2 months now at my job (we had to reload all of the Macs in the school with OS 9 and OSX) and OSX crashes all the time! even for the Mac teachers, the biggest reason that XP crashes for people that upgrade is because they exhaust their system resources (as XP is a big time system hog) if you dont have at least a P4 1.5GHz and 512MB of RAM, i would suggest WIN2K, as it is not as system intensive, i have WINXP PRO and i have only crashed it once in the last year (and that was because i was jacking with the registry to get rid of the blaster worm) so saying that OSX is crash-proof and XP is a crash-meister is just unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom