What is Good DDR400 Memory? (Not going to Overclock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
I want 2 sticks of DDR400 PC3200 512mb that im not going to be going to use to overclock, but I still want decent memory. I want to make an awsome gaming machine.
Thanks
Scotty.
(Please be as percise as you can)

Yea that Corsair stuff looks good. I think I might just get 512mb for a couple months till I can Afford another stick. Im really strapped for cash buildin my comp.
PS:
Is there any differance between OEM memory and Retail. I mean what wouldn't they include? This isn't much to memory besides the stick.

Retail you get a manufacturers warrenty which I suggest you buying. It does come in handy.

You don't necessarily need high performance RAM btw...it's mainly for overclocking enthusiasts for the most part. You really wouldn't notice a huge difference between that and some 2.5-3-3-7 ValueRAM....just incase you want to save some money.

If you don't care then by all means go high performance, but you could potentially put the cash towards other things

Thanks for the info. I would like to save as much money as I can for my video card. That value stuff sounds good or the Mushkin.

Value Ram all the way baby....ill take on any of u bigboy Expensive @$$ ram and smoke u in any game out there...i run 3 sticks of Ultra 512mb each with those fancy ($6.99) heat spreaders...and hey look mine look just like those sticks that are 200 each...o ya i think o got my ram for 59 per stick...

Just a sec...if you get ValueRAM atleast get good timings. That mushkin that was posted was 2.5-4-4- and newegg doesn't even show the cycle time. Anywho the middle numbers, ras to cas and ras precharge actually do make quite a difference in mb/sec bandwidth transfer.

I suggest you look into getting some that have an advertised timings of 2.5-3-3-8 since you're going valueRAM you might as well pay $5 extra for faster ValueRAM ya know?

ll take on any of u bigboy Expensive @$$ ram and smoke u in any game out there...i run 3 sticks of Ultra 512mb each with those fancy ($6.99) heat spreaders
Doesn't matter, heatspreaders don't really do anything that's the general concensus for the most part...so because it looks fancy doesn't mean squat. Also technically if someone did bench it against yours they would win only slightly with high performance, that slight win isn't worth the extra price though, but if I bought these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-033&depa=1

I can guarantee you your RAM wouldn't be able to keep up, because those are MADE for overclocking. That's why you pay that expensive price...its for people who know how to use that kind of expensive hardware properly and milk it for all the performance it's got.

But like's been said if you aren't OC'ing then why pay that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom