Fan Controller + Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a 4pin to 3pin adapter dude they are like .50 cents unless you just REALLY want to cut wires....then find a spare 3pin and connect it yourself.

But yeah black and red is all you need. Red = 12v and black = ground and yellow = RPM detection.

You could also just splice the wires directly to the fan controller, but make sure you know which pin is the 12v line and which one is the ground. So if you have a 3pin fan then plug the 3pin on there, see where the red and black line up and have at it

Also, on the review the other con was: "It would have been nice if they had included some 3 to 4-pin connectors"

Does this mean i'll have to get one of these connectors seperatley for each device I want to hook up to the fan controller ?

Well I found the reviews I read to have a different rheobus from the one I have. The one I have is powered by a 4pin molex connector and then it has 4 channels using 3pin connectors.

So regarding hooking up fans I didn't need any 3pin to 4pin connectors because the controller uses 3pin connections anyway....

If the cold cathode or fans have a 4pin molex connector then yeah you'll need to get a 4pin to 3pin adapter so it'll fit on the fan.

www.svc.com has a nice selection of adapters, but I doubt they ship to UK, not 100% sure though... they also have 3pin y splitters that come in handy when connecting multiple fans/lights what have you

Ok thx, i'll make sure i'll get a couple of connectors and maybe one or two splitters.

Nubius said:
get a 4pin to 3pin adapter dude they are like .50 cents unless you just REALLY want to cut wires....then find a spare 3pin and connect it yourself.

But yeah black and red is all you need. Red = 12v and black = ground and yellow = RPM detection.

You could also just splice the wires directly to the fan controller, but make sure you know which pin is the 12v line and which one is the ground. So if you have a 3pin fan then plug the 3pin on there, see where the red and black line up and have at it

So does that mean that my Fan controller (which deplays rpms) won't be able to know the rpm of the fan?

If the fan doesn't have a yellow wire coming from it no it can't judge the RPM.

I did this to my computer when i was into modding, i am still into it but havent got my pc modded due to the fact that i dont think its good enough,

Well anyway, my cathodes came with a pin that fitted right into my fan controller so i controlled it from that but whether or not your fan controller has the pin, is a different matter.

Those cables are the same one is used!

I know i little about electronics and using variable resistors to control cathode tubes wouldnt be the best idea. works ok with normal incadesant globes but flurescant and cathode tubes dont like variable currents. Flurescant lightglobes cant be used with dimmers also.
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom