Tricking download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Beta member
I was wonder if we could trick download and start receiving the file from like after 10% of it
what happens is, sometimes I dowload the first 15% of the song or movie, then I say "oh it sucks" and I delete it.
then my friend tells me the ending is nice (lets say that)
so how can I start downloading after th 15%

I thought maybe add size to the file so it would think it already downloaded it or something...

when you're downloading in LimeWire or something, how does it check from where should it continue downloading the file?
I thought it checks the size and starts downloading after it until it reaches the size of the origional one...
isnt that what it does?
doesnt it check the size?

There are loads of programs that can do this for you.

Just google for Download Manager in google or your favorite search engine

Use Download Accelerator Plus ,works very well got can limit the download speed. Basically for what you want to do use the resume/pause feature :)

no no I dont want that
I am useing LimeWire...
I want to START from 15% not continue from 15%
start from the middle of the file....

Hmm, so you basically only want the last 85% of the file.

I don't think you could do this. Mostly because the beginning of most files contain what the file is, how to access it and other enviro variables.

dude just download the file get an audio editor and cut it there . because of the way files are packed for transport ( compressed)it uses a checksum to verify the compressed volume .for compression purposes .then during internet transfer it is encrypted and manipulated some more; in various other ways.most music files are fairly short to dload so i dont feel it would be worth the trouble.......it could be done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom