pentium 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilan

Baseband Member
whats that?
i know its on most good computers....but wat does it do?
i've tried readin it in term comp book, but the definition was too much for someone who doesnt know much abt computer terms like me...........

pentium 4 is the newest of intel's processors. the processor is the chip in the computer that does all the calculating and processing, kind of like the human brain does the thinking for a person. so the processor is simply the brain of the computer. and yes the pentium 4 is good in computers, because it is one of the newest, it is one of the fastest, and faster is better, when you want to get things done.

hope i could help.

There are different processor manufacturers:
Intel
AMD
IBM
VIA

Intel and AMD are the biggest manufacturers.

Today Intel had these models: Pentium 1-4, Celeron D, Xeon, Itanium 1-2

AMD has these models: AthlonXP, Duron, Athlon64, Sempron, Opteron, FX-51,53,55

but i asked for definition if u knew wat i meant....just i donno the definition for each one

I thought this would make it easier to understand that Pentium4 is just one out of many differerent processors.

The processor (or Central Processing Unit [CPU]) is one of the most important parts in your computer. This is where most of the calculations take place. Its kind of your computers brain.

Forgot them. But there are far more models. Like 80286 etc. But they are very old, so not really worth mentioning.

pentium is bascicly just the model of he proccesor just lke AMD's "Athlon" proccesor there is no real definition for "pentium"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom