HIS Radeon 9800pro With ASUS P4P800 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went through the entire bios and I can not find any options for voltage... im really stuck on what to do here. In fact, theres no AGP options at all. Only a PCI/AGP or AGP/PCI priority and a AGP Aparture(sp) size? Is it possibly hidden? I will also search google for info on changing voltage on this mobo.

Wait, I believe I found it(sorry for double posting!) I am going to log off now and try this out.

Look for the following, or anything similar.

> Video configuration
options: change AGP aperture size, change PCI/AGP

> Hardware monitoring (all locked out)
shows fan speeds and temperatures, some voltages at the bottom
+1.5
+3.3v
+5v
+12v

Ok, I found a AGP DDRV(something like that) Voltage.

And it was set for 1.5.
And the only options were 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

I tried all of them and no go.
There was also a AGP/PCI mhz setting.

:(

Hmmm, I think the standard voltage for the 9800Pro is 1.6V or 1.7V, so I don't see what the problem is. Pull out the card and see what the default GPU voltage is, it should say somewhere on the card. If your current motherboard can support in, I think it's problem with the card itself and it should be replaced.

Ramus said:
I have taken it out and put it back in a few times, right now I am using my Radeon 9000 again and it is working fine.

I hope its not the card. :(

tell me what your power supply is......

i just got a 9800pro, coupled w/ an

Asus A8V deluxe (939)
AMD64 3000+
2 hard drives
2 optical drives (1 dvd burner)
5 led case fans
Audigy LS 5.1
2X512mb crucial pc3200
2 17" crt's

all running off an Enermax 330watt PSU....

but even though it runs fine just surfin' the web, i feel my PSU is way too low to run my rig. i can only get into Thief III about 5mins before it completely reboots the system.

so i'm waiting for my aspire 500watt to come in soon.

i was having problems booting up when i finished building my AMD machine, i simply unhooked some fans and it booted....the 330watt that came w/ my case just isn't powerful enough to run this on full load.

so i would check your PSU first,

cause you said it worked w/ the older card, so it's not your memory.

i'll bet you it's your PSU...

i'm sure you also know that the 9800pro has to be plugged into the PSU right? you plugged it in i hope ;)

I had the same problem. The Prescott CPU's and other LGA775's utilizes these Intel chipsets that are not too good when It comes to compatibility with certain off brand cards.I had an AsRock (a subdivision of ASUS) mobo and it had the Intel 865 chipset, my card didnt work. The list of "supported" cards was no longer then 15-20 different card. My suggestion is get a compatible card or find a different mobo that supports your CPU/Vid card. IF you are going to find a different motherboard get one with the Intel 865PE chipset is the most compatible set for AGP cards you can get without switching over to PCI-Xpress.

Somthing often overlooked is updating your BIOS and Motherboard AGP/Chipset drivers many improvements are made in these areas that address Hardware compatibility issues.
Also you are uninstalling the 9000 card and clearing old drivers out before you change the cards out right ?

Cappy said:
Somthing often overlooked is updating your BIOS and Motherboard AGP/Chipset drivers many improvements are made in these areas that address Hardware compatibility issues.
Also you are uninstalling the 9000 card and clearing old drivers out before you change the cards out right ?

He cant even get his card to even work when he turns it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom