HIS Radeon 9800pro With ASUS P4P800 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramus

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

Im currently using a P4P800 ASUS motherboard with a intel 2.8 chip.
Ive been using a Radeon 9000 for a long time and I finally came up with the money and bought a HIS Radeon 9800 PRO Excalibur.

Specifications:
Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9800PRO/380MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/680MHz
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + TV-Out(S-Video/Composite Out) + DVI
Support 3D API: DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 2.0
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

Ive put the card in my AGP slot, hooked in my monitor and start up my computer. When I do so my monitor keeps blinking orange on the button. And never goes green and goes on. There is no image on the screen, just blank. The card fan and everything else works, and I have almost given up on things to do with this. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I found out even the keyboard will not turn on. so the computer is actually stuck at startup, no loading screen, nothing. not the monitor.

Thanks,
Jay

I have taken it out and put it back in a few times, right now I am using my Radeon 9000 again and it is working fine.

I hope its not the card. :(

Do you have any friend's that will let you test it in their comp? if not take it back to where ever you got it from or another computer store and see if they can test it for you.

Increase the voltage to the AGP slot.

Also, pull it out and put the old video card in it's place, boot up, set ALL video settings to minimum settings, and try again with the 9800 Pro.

It may also be a driver issue, download and install the lastest drivers from ATI's website. And make sure you uninstall all of the previous card drivers.

Erm, im not sure how do increase voltage to the AGP slot... I did not see any type of option in the Bios.

I will try the minimum settings, and I cleared all my old drivers and used the ones that came with the CD.

Oh yeah, the voltage might be the problem. I think 2x/4x AGP use lower voltage than AGP 8x which uses 3.3V.

Tips on increasing voltage please? Im not to much of a newbie, but ive not gone to far into this stuff...

You should be able to increase the voltage through the BIOS somewhere, I can gurantee you it's in there somewhere. Just remember to increase it by small increments, and that it also increases the voltage on your DDR.

Also, the 9800Pro is a fairly old card, the CD which came with the card probably doesn't have the lastest drivers, although I think that the voltage is the real issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom