If you had $2500....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your suggestions... I was looking at Dells and they look pretty good.

If it makes a difference, my priorities are RAM and processor over hard drive, since I have 120 gb on my desktop plus I'm going to get at least another 120 gb external HDD. Lightweight would be nice too.

Also, the reason I'm getting a laptop is because I'm going to be living in the living room for about 5 months of the year from now on, so I need to be able to take it to whatever room in the house is available. If I were just keeping it one place for the most part I wouldn't spend $2500 on a laptop, but I don't really have another choice. :confused:

hmm, well since you dont seem like the gaming type of person to me em...I would say go for a dell as well. I know that their Desktops arent exactly the best thing for performance but they do a good job for almost anything else. My dad has a Dell lap top and he loves it, well I would say yes to getting a dell (forgive my being naive I dont have a clue what dell offers other than a good standard computer).

I might be a gaming person soon... :p Three of my friends have been desperately trying to get me to start gaming. But I'd probably go portability and power over gaming.

i dont like laptops, i wouldnt buy one in the first place, if i had to make a choice, i would get one of apples ibooks ($1000) because if i wont play games on a laptop, and in my opinion apple laptops are great. With the remainder of the money, id buy a athlon 64 s939 system (if thats not against the rules)

Well if she does get into gaming there is no hope for it in an apple. If you are centered around graphics and image editing emily, then you might think about an apple.

Also power wont get into a apple laptop, solid truth. If you want some good power then again I suggest that you start looking into dell more, if you want super power than look into Alienware. (although way much more expensive than any of the others) They are designed for heavy applications and in most cases gaming.

Athlon 64 is against the rules.... :p
Emily said:
Also, the reason I'm getting a laptop is because I'm going to be living in the living room for about 5 months of the year from now on, so I need to be able to take it to whatever room in the house is available. If I were just keeping it one place for the most part I wouldn't spend $2500 on a laptop, but I don't really have another choice. :confused:
So a desktop isn't really an option. I guess I haven't considered an Apple but I've used Windows all my life, and I think if I were going to try something else I'd definitely go with Linux, Macs don't really agree with me. It's something to consider though...

P.S. Just read your last post, GameGuru, and I do a lot of graphics but it's not most of what I do so I think I'd still be better off with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom