Going to build another new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksenate78

Baseband Member
I decided I need to splurge soon and get myself just this awesome pc so here's the parts I have so far:

Case: Chieftec - Dragon Series - Sky Blue ATX Full-Tower

Vid. Card: GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 AGP 8X VGA DVI TV Out

RAM: Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz

Mobo: Asus A8V Deluxe VIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard AGP 4X8X Audio Gigabit Onboard LAN

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512KB Cache 2000 MHz FSB Socket 939

Hard drive and burner will be pulled from the box in my sig and put into this one.

Yep. Not too sure about the RAM for some reason tho

I like the Via hip very reliable, If you have more money I'd go with 2x512s instead of one 1gb ram for Dual channel overall nice sys

Nod, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I just thought I'd eventually go two Gigz of RAM but I'm not gonna be editting video any time soon and it won't be a requirement or standard for a while.

it'll be like 2 1/2 months before i can pay for it all, so I'm just keeping my options open 'cause you always know how the market opens up with new stuff that's more advanced. But I don't see it all getting too much more advanced to the point where this box I wanna build will not own.

Yea true and if you come across some more money get yourself a Ultra version of the card

Exactly, but that would be 200 dollars more of extra money, lol. Right now the card I want is 400 and the Ultra is 600. Even though the Ultra is a freakin' monster. haha

Upgrade your 3000+ to a 3200+ Winchester, and overclock it like mad.

Still a nice built none the less though.

I'm an ATi person so I will recommend an ATi card, but nevertheless the 6800GT is very good.

I may up it, like I said, there's basically 2 months or so before I can afford it all, so the price of a 3200+ will drop, so I may go with that.

You're an ATI person, I'm an nVidia :). Still, I'm not going to take away from ATI and say their cards are crap.

160gb hard drive that's in my sig will be going into the box.

Haha my girlfriend asked me today "WHY DO YOU NEED ANOTHER COMPUTER?!?! It's like when you have a car, you want another car!"

"You just don't understand....you just don't understand."

How much was that Gigabyte board you're using, AMD64boy?

Any suggestions for a heatsink? preferably on tigerdirect cause that's where everything else is comin from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom