ATI X850 a flop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the 6600GT and 6800plain are comparable. I misunderstood the previous post by Mega that I was refering to. Correct, Shader Model 3.0 isn't used yet but it wont be long. I would rather have it as to help keep my system some what more "future proof". After all, I wont all I can get when I spend all that money on a card. Hey, what's wrong with abit of arguing ! I take no offense. We are talking about hardware, not one another =)

millerhighlife_ said:
Hey, what's wrong with abit of arguing ! I take no offense. We are talking about hardware, not one another =)
I know that you don't mean offence, but like I said above, you have to see it from others point of view
what you may see as a friendly debate may seem to someone else as a personal attack, and that is how flame wars start

millerhighlife_ said:
Megadeath please show me wear the hell you see a 6600 beat a 6800GT, PLEASE, i beg you. You say you speak from facts, so let's see it. So Doom 3 is just "software" to show off Nvidia ? Then be prepared for more when other games using the Doom 3 engine come out. You are invited to come watch me showcase my Nvidia on this software. Also, are we speaking stock speeds ? I sure hope not b/c most 6800GT's are easily OC'ing to Ultra speeds giving a huge bang for the buck. Yea yea, you Ati peeps get 3DMark05 advantage, congrats. Have fun playing that for 4 hours. HL2 runs better on Ati also but not by much where as Nvidia slaughters Ati in Doom3. Yea, go ahead and tell me I'm a fanboy. Funny thing is I just went from a 9800Pro to a 6800GT. I could care less which I have, I just wont performance. One last thing, enjoy that new Shader Model 3.0 support you don't have after spending all that cash.

Edit: Sorry, you said a 6600GT beats a 6800. Not 6800GT vs. 6600. I highly doubt this due to the 6800 haveing the extra pipes and the 6600GT not. Show me a link and I'll believe.

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

And for those who wonder why I bash ATI so much even when I own one, its my horrible experience with ATI that has caused this. Mostly because of their drivers from hell. Hell, before Catalyst 4.10, you couldn't even squeeze out 4,000 on 3dmark05 or 50,000 on AM3 with an X800 Pro because of a driver memory bug. Thats while the 6800GT was getting 5000+ on 3DMark05 and 65000+ on AM3. As for Doom 3, well, the benchmarks say it all.

ChipX, I will give you this...the X800 series may be better on PCI-EX. This was forseen due to the fact that ATI invented the X series for PCI-EX to begin with. However, the AGP versions aren't much more than their 9800 little brothers.

As for my next card, I dont care if it will be ATI of Nvidia, I am just going to wait till they have been out for a while to see what performs the best instead of rushing into it like I did with the X800 Pro.

Go to Tom's Hardware and look at the new X850XT PE and X800XL Benchies ! Lol, it cost way more than a 6800GT and only wins by a very little margin if not beaten in the tests. Remember, the GT model becomes the Ultra with about 1 hour max of tweaking it to absolutely stable speeds of the Ultra model. I don't know about yall but if I pay alot more for a card that's supose to be so much better I expect it to at least win against the competitors lower end cards. Well the gap is so small and the 6800GT and Ultra models actually win a good deal of the test. How do you like this quote directly from Tom's Hardware, a soruce many on these forums trust ? "In terms of performance, the new ATI cards don't have much to offer. The X850 XT PE is the new flagship model, but is only marginally faster than its predecessor, the X800 XT PE. Price-wise, the Radeon X800 XL offers good performance values, but it is unclear where the other new X850 and X800 cards fall in relation to previous models." Like previously stated, I like both Ati and Nvidia !

Edit: HOLY POOP ! The X850XT PE cost around $999.00 :eek: Oh yea, go buy that and cry yourself to bed. LOL. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Miller, what is wrong with you! Nubius said not to say this kind of stuff since people will take offense! Stop and one more thing! To actually be of worth on this forum, you need to KNOW YOUR FACTS! "look at the new X850XT PE and X800XL Benchies ! Lol, it cost way more than a 6800GT" said Miller. What hell is this! If you check the prices on Anandtech that were released, you will know that the X800XL costs $299 which is nearly $100 less than a 6800GT and the X800XL outperforms the 6800GT. And the X850XT PE, in my opinion, is too much even for the 6800Ultra to handle! The X850XT PE costs $529. You don't know your facts, get the hell off of this forum. I know from experience with the FX series that nVidia is no good. Just like Beedubaya had his experience with ATi, I've had mine with nVidia. Everyone has their own opinion. Miller, you can bash all you want, but you better have facts cause right now you have NO WORTH except as a piece of garbage that is littering this forum! For the 6600GT comment, that was my opinion. Got it! I

The FX series does indeed suck, but Nvidia has come back with the 6800 series. If you would have been on this forum last year at this time, you would have not been accepted well if you claimed to be an Nvidia fan, due to the garbage that was the FX series.

That was my only experience with nVidia and I hated it. I've always been with ATi. After keeping that stupid FX5700 for two months and suffering with it, I went and bought myself a Radeon 9600XT. Best move I ever made!

I almost bought an FX 5700. I am so thankful I didn't, especially since that card can't even handle HL2 in DX9 mode!

hey beederbaya what is the problem that u r having with the x800 pro? poor performance?

Mostly driver issues, and poor performance in Doom 3. For instance, in "The Chronicles of Ridd!ck", I cant play with AA because of driver issues, it causes this flicker that makes it unplayable. I get artifacts in Doom 3 (thats only with these new drivers, but with the old ones, my HL2 performance suffered.), and I get framerate drops as low as the teens on only 2x AA in some spots. I've seen it in the single digits in Far Cry. However, this is only in certain areas of the games, not throughout the whole thing, which makes it most likely related to driver issues. I have always heard ATI having driver problems before I made the move from Nvidia to ATI, but I didn't think it would be that bad. I was wrong. And on a dial-up connection, it is a major task to be downloading new drivers continually, so its just a pain. Maybe one day ATI will release some good, decent drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom