Fan placement in a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartman

Baseband Member
I just got two new fans for my comp, and I replaced the stock fan at the top of the case with a new, more powerful, quieter fan. I'm putting a small plexi window in the bottom part of the case that has a fan on it too. My question is, should I point this fan so it blows the air in or out? I was thinking that the bottom fan could blow cold air in, it would heat up and rise to the top, and the top fan would blow it out. Or should I have them both blowing hot air out of the case.

Nah intake at the bottom, blow hole at the top.

Not sure which one your saying is right Aleksander.

Yeah the in at the bottom and the out at the top.

I was tempted once to cut a hole in the side of my case for my CPU adding another fan in the Case and making an out vent for the cpu on the top. Using modled plastic to give the CPU its own air supply. I wonder what difference it would make. Obviously a good thing, more air curculating etc etc, but im not sure how much of a differece it would make.

If you have the lower one for intake you will be sucking in the coldest air surounding the case, and the top fan will be letting the hottest air out of the case. So that is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom