Which brand 6600GT do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_7

Beta member
Sorry if seems kind of noobish but I'm trying to figure out which brand 6600GT should a go for. The choices are Leadtek, Chaintech, or the XFX. I'm pretty sure that all of them have the same performance, but I was more looking more toward other features such as product support, fan noise, customer service and other features similar. ;)

This card is going to replace my Ti4200. My mobo is a Intel D865PERL that supports up to 8x AGP. My processor is a P4 Prescott that runs at about 60C under full load with about 41C in the chassis. I have two fans in the back blowing air in and one side fan blowing air out.

Thanks for the help:D

Is their a BFG variant where your buying it from? Their cards are overclocked when bought to add a 'lil more power than the other 6600GT's (which are all good anyways)

The BFG's have a minimal overclock and it really isn't worth it compared to the extra price they tend to throw on it.

I suggest none of those from that list and say you go with eVGA because IMO they are top quality cards and will more than likely provide you with ample room for overclocking which you'd easily be able to atleast get to the same speeds of the BFG but more than likely past it.

If you absolutely have to choose from those 3 then I'd say leadtek because I believe in a recent article regarding a variety of 6600GT makers it had the quitest fan, best HSF, and best OC'ability....but they didn't include eVGA in that test so don't think eVGA scored less or something...they just weren't in it :p

Diabetic said:
Is their a BFG variant where your buying it from? Their cards are overclocked when bought to add a 'lil more power than the other 6600GT's (which are all good anyways)

Oh hey, didn't mention a factor. I orginally received a FX 5700 that was bought from Newegg. After testing the FX 5700, I got some odd 3d graphic glitches, mostly rendering errors I guess. I pretty much tried everything from changing drivers to resitting the card. It turned out when I put in my old Ti4200 the 3d graphics were normal, so that means that it was a card issuse. I was testing using 3dmark03 and a Colin McRae 3 demo.

I'm trying to do an exchange with newegg. ;)

i'm not a big fan of either of those brands really. my favorite brand is PNY. their stuff is top notch. i got an 64mb MX400 from XFX and it was horrible. i'm not sure if it was the chipset or the manufacturer but i know that my evga.com 32mb MX200 performed TWICE as good as it. so i would recommend either PNY or evga.com. i'm not sure if you'd consider either of those brands but if not, i would definitely not recommend going with XFX. but again, i bought those 2 cards at least 2 years ago so maybe the company has changed. other than that, i don't know what to tell ya.

Yeah I have an FX 5700 and the first one I had overheated within a month I believe under normal uses. No overclocking no 3dmark testing even. Sent it to the company and they sent it back with a larger heatsink and smaller heatsinks on the MOSFET chips and whatnot so I think the FX 5700 card really had some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom