Computer Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Baseband Member
What would be a good temperature to have the motherboard shut the computer down at in case it overheats? So that no computer components are hurt?

60 to 70 degrees for me on the CPU but im not sure on the mobo I would have to say 60 degrees.

For the mobo I think 60 degrees but it's better to be less than that...

If you need install a fan...

For me, my CPU temp is pretty high but my mobo temp is ok. So I set my CPU temperature to 65 and mobo temperature to 35.

Those are very low safe values, you'll be fine with something like 90/70 if you ask me. I've run my P4 upto 90 and its still going fine. These things are way more resillient than you think.

It's a litte bit dangerous to have 90 drgrees...

I think it's better to have 50/60 but it's true that your cpu can support more...

The only thing you have to worry about is the life expectancy of the componant. But lets face it are any of us going to worry when our CPUs life expectancy goes down from 15years to 10years?

Will you be using that CPU in 10years? (Assuming you run it at 90 all the time)

I've always wondered why people worry so much about the temp of these componants, they are designed to take it like men and in many cases have autoshutdown features to make sure they aren't damaged. There are almost no saftet conserns either as the protocols under which said items were made make allowances for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom