can you believe it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barton series (of which the 2800+ is one) has a descent amount of overclocking potential.. However, considering that the software developers still haven't caught up with the full potential of the 2.5Ghz processors, overclocking more than a few hundred Mhz seems a bit like using a blast furnace to light a cigarrette..

Now, I don't do alot of SERIOUS gaming, so I could be wrong, but that's just my take on things..

Alexander

apokalipse said:
they've got 3.2 GHZ CPU's now but I don't think they're worth getting, More dollars than sense/cents hehe

thats why im thinking of buying either a P4 @ 2.4 GHz w/ a 800 mhz fsb, is because later, i can upgrade to a 3.2 ghz chip w/800 mhz fsb, or the athlon xp 3000+ w/ a 400 mhz fsb so i can just upgrade as they come out (i dont want a p4 w/ 533mhz fsb or a xp w/ 333mhz fsb)w/o having to upgrade my mobo again

darthparth said:
yea that was, it also bumped me from junior techie to true techie

me too lol

darthparth said:
lol dethangel tough choice ..... i almost threw up after reading your post after our little debate :D

which post was that? the one with the P4 vs Athlon Xp tests? or a diff one?

and btw, im not too worried about overclocking, id rather just upgrade my chip (to be safe) and ill worry about overclocking once i have the fastest chip (by then there will be faster ones, so i aint too worried)

nonono the crazy one with someone askin about a gaming computer, for like 2 whole pages it was us fighting lol

heres what im basically looking for in a mobo:

1) 4 DIMMS that can use PC2700
2) 4x/8x AGP
3) ATA 100/133 and possibly serial ATA
4) 4-5 PCI slots

if im going with an AMD, i want support for the 400MHz FSB
if im going with an Intel, i want support for the 800MHz FSB

my biggest problem so far is finding an AMD board with 4 DIMMS, and so far ive found that a P4 2.4 ghz w/ 800 MHz FSB is cheaper (mobo + proc) than an AMD 3000+ with the 400MHz FSB, if there is an AMD chip that has the 400MHz fsb, that is maybe a little less expensive (read less expensive as lower end) than the 3000+ i would like to look at it

Why do you need 4 dimms? The mother board I posted has everything but that. It can support 3.2gb of ram. What more do you need???

i want 4 dimms so i can use my pc2700 ram (i have 1 gb in 2 512 chips and i will purchase another 512 in aout 2months and then another 512 6 months later) it is all about what i can afford, the only thing i need is the 4 dimms, im going to be really picky as i prolly wont upgrade again for another year, and i dont want to waste my money

and btw, im not saying i dont appreciate the mobo/proc you found for me (if i do go with amd, i will prolly get that proc as it is the lowest chip that supports 400mhz fsb), but im just sure about my mobo as of yet, and im not sure whether im going to intel or amd yet

intel has 2x the fsb speed, and a faster processor

amds can handle more instructions per second, which i understand to be very good for gaming, which is what this pc is for mainly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom