Dell going downhill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
In a few threads i read that Dell's desktops were going downhill. this came as a little surprise because i own a really old dell and it performs really well, i've never had a problem with it unlike other brands i've bought like compaq, hp, etc. Maybe it's because i paid almost 3g's for it. So just to get things straight since i haven't recently compared any computer products, which brand of computer desktops are the best? and which brand of laptops are the best? i was a DELL fanatic (lol) but i've been hearing some bad things about them lately, maybe they are makin so much money that they don't care about quality anymore... hm

so what i want to know:

BEST LAPTOP BRAND?

AND..

BEST DESKTOP BRAND?

and since everyone will be asking what i want to be doing with the computers, i want to play extreme games and a lot of jammed packed data applications. LIST UP THE BEST OF THE BEST BRANDS THAT PROVIDES THE BEST PERFORMANCE!!!!! THANKS! :D

Desktops are a two-edged sword. If you don't want to build your own desktop, Alienware or Falcon sell the best desktops. If you can build your own (have the time and know-how) then no brand of desktop is good. Build your own.

Since laptops are much harder to build your own, you pretty much have to stick with brands. Dell sells good laptops, as does HP. With laptops, you pretty much should just shop around to find a known name brand laptop with excellent reviews and features with as much bang for your buck. That's the best advice I can give. If you don't have the time to shop around and have a spare $3000 to spend, an Alienware laptop will put you at the top of the line.

If you really want to stick with Dell, I would also suggest looking to their office workstations (particularly the wireless space-saver models) which are awsome and inexpensive.

I've said before something like this would be good.

RAM

Motherboard

Processor

also look around, read some reviews on the chipsets for socket 754 and 940 and whatnot. Mushkin and Corsair are good ram for running at fast timings as well. I'd pick nVidia over ati and don't just salvage your old case, get a new wicked one.

:cool:

I heard Toshibas make good laptops... anyone have any comments on that as well as my original questions?

Toshiba laptops are decent. My friend has one and likes it rather well. But Dell's XPS laptops beat alot of desktop machines. Of course they have no battery life though some buy some extras lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom