do you think macs are more stable than even Windows XP?

Are you cutting you landline for your Mobile

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, when prices drop even more.

• Not until reception is better and I can get broadband internet on my mobile

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
APPLE DOSEN'T CRASH... IT FREEZES! (I would rather crash!) and it that stupid f****g spining thing twrils and hypnotizes these stupid apple usesers into thinking that MAC is the way to go. Give me XP any day.

What stupid f****g spinning thing?

Oh, btw, this is a common example of Windows user in denial. It is a very frequent case.

Lets chill with the bad language before I lock this...

That is all.

Well, its good to see we have some open minded people.

Macs (on any operating system, but especially mac osx) dont crash or freeze as often as Windows computers do. It is a fact of life. Even if you flipped it so macs had 95% of computers and microsoft had 5%, Im still convinced more microsoft computer would have more reported crashes than mac computers.

But, in all this speculation about device codes and support- that doesnt mean squat. An OS, as the backbone of the user/computer interface, should be able to address and store huge amounts of device drivers and things and run them flawlessly.

For the freezing problem, I do not blame the Windows Xp operating system. I have used it and am proud to say that Microsoft has actually done it partially right this time around. I actually blame Microsoft's loose software coding scheme. Microsoft computers are very open in terms of what software they can use. (excluding macintosh things) Pretty much any joe can create a .exe with minimal programming experience and it will run just as it is told till the end of time, if told to do so. Microsoft essentially has no control, and therefore its system, which sits atop a very fragile base of stability, can easily fall.

Not so with the Mac. Apple put very stringent guidelines on what works and what doesnt work on every one of its operating systems. With the advent of a more open third party developers circle (and Mac OSX), Apple's developer tools allow control of the system by Apple, but freedom for developers to create whatever they want using Cocoa (Mac OSX programming script- akin to Obj. C) and the allowence for them to build a sucessful app. While Apple has almost no control over what the developer makes, the system itself is on a solid enough base to take almost any type of failure the program can cause without crashing.

Theres my 2 cents.

the Mac developers spend more time redesigning their OS's than Microsoft, there is not too much difference between 2000 and XP, take away XP's look and they're almost the same

apokalipse said:
the Mac developers spend more time redesigning their OS's than Microsoft, there is not too much difference between 2000 and XP, take away XP's look and they're almost the same

Im not talking about the OS developers, Im talking about third party, amature (to a point) programmers...

And XP and Windows 2000- not to mention every other version of windows, looks the same because they are designed the same. Theyre all based on other, similar windows tech (NT platform, for example).

that's in a way one of the biggest problems, probbably the biggest thing they've done to it appart from graphic quality and patching up bugs would be getting rid of DOS

why don't they deveop something better than Windows, but backwards compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom