Geforce 6800 or x800

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many X800 models I dont know which is which. :p j/k. If you want an X800 thats actually worth having, you are going to have to pay an outrageous price for it. This is what makes the "XT" versions only for the luckiest of gamers. The rest of us are stuck with the $400 and lower versions which plain suck when compared to the competition from Nvidia. THEY MIGHT NOT BE SO BAD IF ATI WOULD RELEASE THE BETTER DRIVERS THEY HAVE BEEN PROMISING FOR YEARS!

Beedubaya you could easily flash that X800Pro's bios and get X800XT speeds if not XT PE speeds. Check Extreme Overclocking Forums, alot of people there have done it and get alot better results. Sorry for the referal to another forum site, but it's plainly for helping purposes as this is my main posting site. Better yet, have you even OC'ed it at all ?

You may, I have heard different things. Check it out some more. Regardless if you can or not though have you OC'ed it any at all ? That will offer substantial increases in performance.

thanks for all those replies. Im thinking right now that Ill go with AGP and given what Iv read here iv decided to go with the EVGA 6800GT. Iv heard that the 16x pci express is much faster then the AGP however when I tried it on my friends comp i didnt really notice that much of a change for the price.

We should end this one right here! It all comes down to personal preference. If you have had no problems with nVidia before, unlike me, then go with the 6800GT. If you have had no problems with ATi before, like me, then go with X800Pro or whatever the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom