speakers or new video card????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 9600XT in my Dell, and it is FINE. Totally fine. It runs all the games fine...
Its a great budget card, but if you have the card in the series beneath it, there is no point.
I like the 6600GT too, make sure you get a EVGA version though.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:

and...uhh...thats one helluva rig you got there. 6800GT's in SLI, WOW! framerates up the wazoo!
Its the rig I am planning on, still waiting and waiting and waiting for some of the comonents to hit the market...
Yan

Lol, yes. I would get the card over the speakers. If HL2 looks like crap the sounds not going to make for it. The speakers don't quite break the windows lol, they do rattle them very violently though. I don't know how much you know about car audio but I use to have a Audiobahn 12 inch sub in a matching bandpass box with 400watt amp and it wasn't much louder than this sub.

still Yan, that system is OFF THE HOOK! CRAZY!

why the eVGA version? whatÂ’s wrong with BFG, or PNY, or XFX?

and yes IÂ’m sure, $200.
Remember everyone! Minimum wage gets people NOWHERE fast!

one of my buddies had a sound system so powerful in his pickup truck, that the seals craced and broke on his rear windshield!

Get a New video card a 6600gt for around $200 and as for getting a 9600xt over your old 9500pro there wont be such a great improvement. Leave the speakers, rather go for Preformance then worry about other thing like the speakers.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
why the eVGA version? what�s wrong with BFG, or PNY, or XFX?
My reasoning is that nVidia uses eVGA for testing and stuff, so they are probably some of the best cards. I also posted asking which is better, XFX or eVGA, and almost eceryone said eVGA...
Yan

I'm probably going to go with whats availible. if possible i'll get the eVGA 6600GT, but if not, i'll purchase it through someone else. i've heard alot of good things on the XFX card, but absolutely NOTHING on an eVGA cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom