Geforce 6800 or x800

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpobjectss

Baseband Member
If this is on a PCIe platform save yourself some money and buy yourself a Radeon X800 XL since it is a 6800 GT competitor selling for $100 less. I say you get a standard X800 they sell for $199 right now.

Lol, another one. There are literally hundreds of post on these forums about 6800 vs X800. I agree with the previous post about AGP: 6800GT and PCI-E: abit tougher choice. Yes, the X800XL does good for it's price but I have yet to find any on newegg or any other site for that matter. Oc'ing has a big play in your decision also. A 6800GT hits Ultra spec's easy. Yes, X800Pro's can hit XT specs also. With the HUGE variation of cards out and the price changes and the soon to be released cards and so on the choice is getting even harder. If you go with a Ati or Nvidia high end card at the moment you probably will be highly satisfied with either. If you do go X800 I highly suggest getting the XT atleast though.

6800 GT- vertex and pixel shader model 3.0.

when you break it down, the GeForce 6 series can do more than the X700-800 series.

just watch the Unreal Engine 3 demo and you'll know what i mean.

Why wont the ATI fans admit that the X800 series sucks the big one for the most part (there are a few things they may do better) and move on? Nvidia won this one by a landslide, just plain accept it!

get the ATI Radeon (ati manufacturer!) X800XT if u are using pci express
get the EVGA 6800 GT if you are using AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom