A really messed up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Read my specs below, thats what my system is. It is in my signature. The dual channel is not 400 though, it is 333. The ram was bad straight out of the box. After a while of using it, I took it out to send it back for the correct ram. When I took it out and replaced it with some older, non dual channel ram, no video. I tried all kinds of differnt cominations of sticks, and a different card, and the only way I could get video was if I reinserted the bad sticks back in dual channel. Then I would get video. I am no waiting for my new good ram to see what I can do with my machine.
Any ideas?

Do you get any beeps with the RAM and VGA card out of the system? Does the MTB have onboard video?

As for the older ram, you might need to slow down the memory bus speed in the bios to match the speed of the older ram. do this by using the bad ram to post, and if it will let you into the bios, check for any settings there.

also what makes you think the origianl ram is bad? just curious. :)

I know the original ram was bad because I got DDR400 PC3200, and it is stamped so on the stick. But in my BIOS it comes up as ddr333 pc2700.

No beeps, none. The only time I can get beeps is when I boot with no memory at all. As for my old memory, it is not bad. I know it is good, know for a fact. It is several different sticks, all pc2100. One 512mb and 2 256mb. Also, Master Jason, you said that my motherboard isnt that good with compatibility and stuff. Along what lines? I figured Kingston is some of the best memory available, so I figurd even the generic budget motherboards would work with it too. Any sugggestions on what to do? I really want to aviod buying a new motherboard, for the funds are low and the employment is not gainful, or at all.
Thanks

And no onboard video neither. Havent tried to boot without a vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom