presario r3000 dead screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroguy_3

Solid State Member
I have had my Compaq Presario r3000 since this past August, 2004. It's screen has just recently gone very very dim. What i mean is that if i take a desk lamp say, and put it up next to the screen, i can sort of see what is on the screen, but otherwise nogo. Also, if i press the little kill button that hibernates the comp when the lid is closed, it flashes to regular colors for a millisecond, but then back. When i turn off the computer and the screen goes off, it goes off from outside to the center. Any ideas what this is? i'm planning on calling support and i want an idea of what might be the problem. thank you in advance very much,

Andrew.

there should be a brightness setting on it

there should be an Fn key which you hold down, so you can press keys with an optional function (usually in blue)

2 of the keys should have brightness settings, try and look for them

I've tried this, no matter how many times i push it down, it is still dead. I also went into the control panel and changed my monitor settings so that it would emphasize whites more, but nothing again. I might also add that somebody who was in the room with me when i started the laptop up said they heard a buzzing/frying sound which "sounded like a short circuit", they said. so i'm looking forward to a lengthy discussion with tech support in India tomorow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom