Build Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retail CPUs come with heatsink and fan, which are absolutely required. If you don't plan on overclocking, they should work just fine.

You will probably want to add intake and exhaust fans to the case. These keep a steady flow of cool air flowing through the case to keep all your components from getting too toasty.

Sound Cards....I would like 5.1 DTS capability but as far as I know sound cards are easy and cheap. Anything I should look for?

And power supply. What needs direct power? I read that 600w is good for 6800 GT SLI setup, what if I have 2 hard drives, 3 opticals (I'm not adding hours to a blue disk if I dont have to!), and a floppy, with like 6-10 USBs hooked up (excluding self powered (printer))?

Most, if not all motherboards come with built in 5.1 sound, and are just as good as a lot of PCI sound cards. A sound card isn't really neccesary, but if you want really high quality sound, go for it.

Is there a good order to buy in if budget is monthly? Motherboard-Processor-GPU(s)-Sound Cards-Hard Drives-Drives-Cooling-then case? Or is there a better way?

It's always best to buy all your parts at once, rather than buying them throughout an extended period of time.

Although, if you insist...

Case, cooling, PSU, CPU, and motherboard are essential. Memory may also be a good idea. Hard drive is next important. Optical drives and PCI cards should probably come last. Video card is also high priority.

What exactly did you want to do with the multimedia?

If your talking about recording HDTV I suggest you look into a video card with a built-in MPEG-2 encoder (* most people recommend Hauppauge 150 or 250).

Also, you may want to get acquianted with sites such as www.byopvr.com or www.htpcnews.com

That's if you want all out to trick out a media center computer...

Gaming is more of my preference. I just want the ability to edit digital camcorders, watch and export video from and to my living room TV, and maybe alittle 3d rendering (3dsmax, Bryce, Mya, Poser with animation, etc.) That is just an interest though. If I could play the best games for the next 3-4 years I will be happy.

Also, I want something that just works. I don't want to have to mod anything or buy special shit. I just want it to hook up and work. Overclocking or BIOS changes is not my style yet, and inter-compatibility is necessary.

K Go Socket 939 amd 3500+ or 3200+ make sure it is 90nm if you go for a 3500+, Any Sli board will do for you if you just want it to work..Asus Gigabyte Msi. Get a Bfg 6800gt from, here for a very good price http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=242673 I'm sure it is Pci Express its taken from the buy now link on the bfg site http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GT_PCIX.html . As for the Hard Drives I's say get a 10000 Rpm one for you Operating system Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB or The 76Gb and as you are going to do video editing as stuff you need space so then get a Seagate NCQ sata drive they are very good 160gb or more should do for you. Case - get one with good airflow. Power Supply go with something with over 22A on the 12v line something around 450w or more, a good brand , as when you upgrade to Sli later you will need it. For the HDTV and video editing stuff, im not sure i don't know much about that but a seperate capture card or whatever you need should do, someone else can help him with this..

with that you will have a mean , Mean system
Hope that helps
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom