AMD 64 need thermal compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
stock thermal paste/compound stinks and should be replaced even if using the processor at its rated frequency and voltage.

Lol, true ! I say leave it as is. You get less stress by not having to clean the stock off (you seem mighty nervous) and if you cpu was to screw up b/c heat, who cares ? You have that 3 year warranty.

Im using the stock thermal pad and HS+fan .My temps are cooler than a P4 2.8 i have.I stay around 37*c gaming at 5% OC

Kadahaf said:
I bought the retail version and it has this little sticky thingy do I have apply thermal compound if the sticky pad is already on it?

i just ended up using the stock compound on my AMD64 3000+ (939)

and it's working nice and cool...36C.

i don't plan on over clockin' (too much)

yeah, don't do anything to void your warranty, it should be fine.

my older P4 2.0gHz running w/ stock ran @ 52C.

AMD64's are nice.

I always re- paste my cpu's when I buy them. Stock paste is crap. for instance my mother has a duron clocked at 1050Mhz and it can reach temps of 60*C sometimes 70*C. its using the stock pad and she refuses to let me re-paste the cpu. on the other hand I am running a sempron @ 1750Mhz and im using arctic silver 5. and a dual alloy heatsink, (copper base and alluminum fins). im not sure if the sink is any good but my current temp is 46*C even. I recomend re-pasting the cpu whether you OC or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom