Build Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

wompaone

Solid State Member
Building a PC, need advice!

OK. I want to build a PC for myself that will not be outdated for a while. I am thinking a Nforce 4 SLI motherboard?, GForce 6800 GT GPU (another later, to benefit from SLI), a 10,000 RPM harddrive, and all the rest of the hardware needed. I want high grade but I'm still ignorant and think price=quality. I need a good gaming console and good digital multimedia capabilty (digital video making, HDTV capable). Plus is there extra things one needs and doesn't know about until the bank account is dry? Some words from the wise would be sweet. Thank you.

P.S. Any additions to my Signature Notebook that y'all know about would be nice too. But not spending much money on it.

AMD Athlon 64. Socket 939's are kinda pricey, but man.... that will have you SET UP for quite a while!

Proccesor - AMD Athlon 3500+
Mainboard - Anything from Abit, Asus, Gigabyte or Soyo should work fine
Memory - 2x512mb DDR400
Hard drive - 2x36GB 10,000RPM
Video Card - 6800Ultra

Throw in cooling, optical drives, PSU and a case to put it all in, and you've got a pretty damn good setup.

Also, I've just noticed you want a multimedia computer. If you are willing to sacrifice SLI, you can get a AIW 9800 Pro. Full HDTV compatible TV tuner, input to connect VCR, DVD player, or anything else with A/V outputs, and complete audio/video outputs including digital audio, and HDTV ready out.

I have one of these cards, and believe me, this card will do anything you could possibly want it to do. Plays most games are pretty good settings as well.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-297&depa=1

Mainboard = Motherboard? Are the ones you stated PCI E compatible?

For Opticals I'm thinkin blue laser, at least if they're cheap enough at build time!

+ Whats the difference in RAM anyways...DDR seems to be the best.

++Why the two low Gig Hard Drives? Faster access? Do 10,000 RPM drives come only in low storages?

Some of them are PCIe compatible, some aren't. Keep in mind, I've only listed manufacturers, not specific motherboards.

DDR is the best, the difference is really just speed. DDR400 (400mhz) should do you just fine.

Unfortunetely the AIW 9800 Pro isn't PCIe compatible if that's the way you're headed, and I've heard bad things about the x700 AIW.

[Unfortunetely the AIW 9800 Pro isn't PCIe compatible if that's the way you're headed, and I've heard bad things about the x700 AIW. [/B][/QUOTE]

What is the x700 AIW

AMD's run hot is a very vague, general, and uniformative statement ! Hmm, a AMD with phase changing cooling hot enough for you ? A P4 can run hot if you try and OC it with crappy cooling. Vica versa, a AMD with good cooling runs, well..... COOL.

OK. Cooling solutions are sold with the chips right?, so for extra cooling is the included fan replaced or another one added to the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom