RDRAM, DDR, and DDR2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovesocks

In Runtime
My comp uses RDRAM, and it's three years old, but doesn't seem to be outdated. Out of RDRAM, DDR, and DDR2, which is the best?

I'd say DDR, I've heard that DDR2 has some problems, and I have no idea what RDRAM is, but it sounds similar to SDRAM, which is absolute garbage.

haha hey now

RDRAM is Rambus Dynamic RAM, and it's rare, and it's expensive. Other than that, i dunno, but it's not garbage or SDRAM

RDRAM is far from garbage. It performs rather well and the only reason it isn't more widely used is it's $$. My Dell that I just disassembled to sell the parts used RDRAM. I only had 256mb of it but I could easly play games and run software that had a minimum requirement of 512mb of ram. Plus DDR performs better for gamers and is rather inexpensive.

If I remember right it was gonna cost me like $250+ to get 512mb of it when I wonted to upgrade it like a year ago. That might be why you don't see much of it. Lol !

Yeah, wow, that's insane, and that's 3 years old eh? What was the fastest back then, SDRAM 100mhz maybe?

You sir have good memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom