can you believe it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
im actually thinking of buying an athlon processor, on the recommendation of my hardware teacher, im looking for a mobo/proc combo for under $300 and heres the specs i want:

4 dimm slots that can use pc2700 ram, if it cant use pc2700, im better off getting a P4

1 4x/8x agp slot

at least 4 pci slots

processor at least 2.2 ghz

usb 2.0 (2 or 4 i dont care)

at least ata 133

and if possible gigabit ethernet built in

WHAT!?! haha! i thought you switched sides...

got no clue,..but if i find one on the net,..i let you know.

i didnt say i had switched sides, im just saying im thinking of buying an xp (they are sooooo cheap on www.pricewatch.com) but im still trying to decide between an athlon xp 2800+ and a p4 2.4ghz w/800mhz fsb, which are pretty comparable in speed

haha! thats what i thought you'd say. i agree with you there,bro. i'm planning to build one myself, out of curiousity and for the simple fact that, like you said,..its cheap!

I think I Got it for you, just did a quick look didn't check alot of the specs, but here ya go..

AMD AthlonXP 2800+ and Abit AT7-MAX2.

Mobo has 4 Ram slots, can run pc 2700, 6 USB, 2 firewire, 5 PCI slots, 4x/8x AGP, ATA 133 and SATA on board. Doesn't have gigabit lan, but does have onboard realtech lan.

Total from Newegg.com- $293.00

Have fun,
Alexander

I hear the P4 2.4GHz Version "C" has huge overclocking headroom. The Athlon, on the otherhand, doesn't really. You may want to factor that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom