Laptop Screen is Screwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just got this new laptop, well not new, used. Laptop nonetheless. It has been dropped, several times. Not by me, but by the previous owner. It is in some disrepair, but runs pretty decent. The monitor is kinda messed though. It acts like the original nintendo did.. With unexpected and random anomolies occouring anywhere on the screen at any random time. Lines randomly appear and dissapear, not big ones that completely disrupt my view, but enough to annoy the piss out of me. Many lines of pixels will randomly turn blue and annoy me, lots of them all over the screen. It is very difficult to explain, but I'm sure that the person who will be knowledged enough to know how to remedy this problem will also be knowledged enouh to know what I am trying to say.
Thanks
-Bones

Sounds to me like it is a problem with the cable that goes from the motherboard to the lcd display panel. I've changed a few of these cables out a different laptops and it requires quite a bit of knowledge about laptops in order to disassemble and replace the cable.

Since you said that it randomly happens and not all the time that would make be believe that it is indeed the cable and not the lcd display itself. It could possibly be that it is just loose and needs reseating too.

my friend has a old laptop and when he plays Cs on it, we hook it up to a CRT monior and it works so much better, if your using it at home, hook it up to a crt monitor from the vga port on the back. not very portable though

First, try reseating the clip on the end of the video cable. (you might have to crack open the display) if that doesn't work try replacing the cable altogether. It doesn't sound to me like the screen is bad, because i knew a friend who was in the same exact situation as you andfixed it by replacing the little ribbon cable. One DELLs they are ribbon cables, but yours may differ.

I have a note book and lucky enough my friend had the same brand but better model. I bought his fried motherboard computer for $20. His bigger display hooked right up to mine. Maybe if you can find a cheap used/broken notebook, you could switch screens.? Just an idea.

My wife's work computer did almost the exact same thing. The tech at her job said that the screen was loose. He honestly tightened some screws on the bottom of the case and it was fixed.

I believe it was a Dell inspirion 3 yrs old.

Might try the easy stuff first

I want to find a borken laptop, same model, but with a working chassis and switch them. Does anyone know where I can buy an IBM Thinkpad A31 for really cheap? Preferably one with a fried motherboard or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom