ATI X850 a flop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude....don't argue with it and say 'I didnt say it ChipX did' the point is, ChipX said it first and both you and Merlin followed close behind.

Simply say 'aright' and move on

I know all you said was 'you tell em chip' but still man, that's basically backing up someone and leads the person that Chip was focusing on to feel like you are both personally attacking him.

nubius... as much respect as i have for u... u gotta check urself bro. i asked beederbayer to keep those kinda comments to himself because this forum is intended to help those who are in need of help... not to express anger and hatred towards manufacturers and their products. that is the kind of shit we dont need. perhaps some of the following posts that were left by other members were outa line... but not mine.

ChipX said:
nubius... as much respect as i have for u... u gotta check urself bro. i asked beederbayer to keep those kinda comments to himself because this forum is intended to help those who are in need of help... not to express anger and hatred towards manufacturers and their products. that is the kind of shit we dont need. perhaps some of the following posts that were left by other members were outa line... but not mine.
I can understand that you were trying to stop arguments, but you have to see it from others point of view; to him it may look like a personal attack, even though in your eyes it wasn't

if you don't like what somebody has said, either to you or somebody else, report the post to a mod and let them deal with it

now let's all move right along.......

with newer technologies coming out, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to compare it all

the X800's do perform better in some benchmarks over the 6800's, and the 6800's perform better in others.
I will have to say that I like all the high end cards out right now, they are all very competitive and offer amazing framerates in just about any game there is; seriously guys, in the end, does it really matter about an extra 5% performance gain?

Apokalipse, I understand where you're getting at and I agree with you. However, I do not agree with you about "seriously guys, in the end, does it really matter about an extra 5% performance gain?" You have through the other guy's eyes, the guy who is dishing out the dough to pay for the bread. Think about it, if I had to buy bread and I paid the price for a whole loaf, I wouldn't want two slices less. It really does matter because you need to get what you paid for or the purchase was not worth it even if it is a minute difference.

beederbayer:

if u are reading this... don't take this shit personally. i dont mean to offend u in anyway... but u gotta man up brother.

This is getting a bit ugly... Anyways I feel where beedubya is coming from, the card he owns really hasn't proven to him that it is worth what he paid. This is why I think he dislikes ATI...

Hey, I never buy stuff when they first come out. I had a small hunch the way performance was with the X series that ATi would do some reworking and I was right. They changed the whole line up to what I posted a few posts ago. Same with the Winchester and the i925/915 chipset boards. You need to wait and let the stuff mature before buying it. I love ATi because I buy stuff once they have completed the reworking and everything.

Megadeath please show me wear the hell you see a 6600 beat a 6800GT, PLEASE, i beg you. You say you speak from facts, so let's see it. So Doom 3 is just "software" to show off Nvidia ? Then be prepared for more when other games using the Doom 3 engine come out. You are invited to come watch me showcase my Nvidia on this software. Also, are we speaking stock speeds ? I sure hope not b/c most 6800GT's are easily OC'ing to Ultra speeds giving a huge bang for the buck. Yea yea, you Ati peeps get 3DMark05 advantage, congrats. Have fun playing that for 4 hours. HL2 runs better on Ati also but not by much where as Nvidia slaughters Ati in Doom3. Yea, go ahead and tell me I'm a fanboy. Funny thing is I just went from a 9800Pro to a 6800GT. I could care less which I have, I just wont performance. One last thing, enjoy that new Shader Model 3.0 support you don't have after spending all that cash.

Edit: Sorry, you said a 6600GT beats a 6800. Not 6800GT vs. 6600. I highly doubt this due to the 6800 haveing the extra pipes and the 6600GT not. Show me a link and I'll believe.

millerhighlife_, that's what starts flaming
please don't post that kind of stuff in future

I think the 6600 GT is roughly comparable to the 6800 plain, the 6800 plain has more pipelines than the 6600 GT but less than the 6800 GT and Ultra, and has lower clock speeds than the 6600 GT so it does roughly compare

although the 6800's have smartshader 3.0, it is not really much of an advantage as of yet because there are no games/programs to my knowledge that support it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom